Search my Blogs and my website

Thursday 12 September 2013

End of season looms….

  Well, stuff hasn't quite gone to plan as usual....

   My big Bank Holiday hat-trick of fast 10’s never happened unfortunately. I didn’t even make it to one, let alone all three!

  Work scuppered the first one, a family crisis the second and a horrible dog bite a few hours before the third put paid to that one. To be honest, the form had continued to slide a little and the conditions were not looking ideal for any of the events so I’d more or less semi-decided not to start anyway as the chances of PBing were slim.

  So the sub 21 minute 10 mile TT will have to wait another year. It’ll happen, I can wait a little longer….

  I’ve entered a local quick 50 on Sunday but the weather is looking pretty crappy – strong winds and rain – plus the above mentioned dog bite injury has kept me off the bike for a while and so once again form threatens to be completely crap so I’m looking at a probable DNS at the moment. I just wanted to finish on a not too grueling sub 2 hour ride to round things off but I may just have a lie in instead! We’ll see….
 
Sigh... Assaulted by yet another out of control dog off the lead. The only consolation is that my pair gave it a right good hiding whilst protecting me. Good boys!


  Completely random change of subject but the next time someone scoffs at my 'retro' Spinergy Rev X wheels, below is a picture I remembered well from The Comic years ago but had never been able to find. It's what made me buy my wheels in the first place when they came up for sale on Ebay.


  It's Richard Prebble riding to victory in the 1995 (I think) RTTC 25 mile champs. Okay, it proves they are retro but also proves they can't be that bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment