Search my Blogs and my website

Wednesday 12 June 2013

The first proper Open event approaches and the weather looks dreadful!

  Ended up with a minor sniffle the last week or so....

 Hasn’t devastated me or anything but I’ve been aware it’s been around and just taken it easy.

  Not done a lot or riding since my ‘big week’ – certainly haven’t been out doing my 3 hour hard smashes.  Had a couple of steady rides and one Time Trial….

  Wasn’t feeling particularly well motivated for it after spending a ‘relaxation day’ at the local health club. Swimming, sauna, massage. sunbeds… Mmmmm….  Then I had to pick myself up and go and hurt myself on my TT bike! Not easy.

  Opted for the local Somerleyton TT again and the weather was slightly kinder this time although much more windy. Another really good turn out too which is always good for the motivation.
  3… 2… 1….  Go….
  Felt a bit flat but I put that down to the windy conditions at the time but it was probably due to my light cold. Went okay though and the HR and everything behaved itself.  No dodgy traffic or resurfacing work to get in the way this week but I got round just a couple of seconds slower than the previous attempt which I was quite pleased with.



 I was especially pleased with a slight positional tweak – I’d noticed in a couple of recent photos that my forearms were sloping downwards so I angled the bars up about 10 degrees to sort it. Not so much aerodynamics but simply comfort – it sort of explained why my wrists were aching and I was forever having to push myself back. Felt much easier although it now feels as though my bars are a couple of inches short and I need to reach further. It’ll do for now though….

Thanks to Gail Watkins for another fine action shot!

  Apart from riding to and from work (about 5 mins each way!!) I’ve not been out at all for nearly a week. Don’t think it’ll hurt, in fact based on recent revelations it will probably do me good!
  Got my first proper ‘Open’ event this evening on the A11 out towards Attleborough. Quite looking forward to it although the weather is looking a bit, erm, dodgy to say the least:

TAF: EGSH 120801Z 1209/1218 20012KT 9999 SCT020 TEMPO 1209/1218 22015G25KT PROB40 TEMPO 1214/1218 8000 -RA BKN014

  I really like aviation forecasts as they are generally much less sugar-coated than the TV ones although no amount of sugar-coating could make this one look any better. Strong, gusting south-westerly & light rain.  Excellent. Just excellent…



No comments:

Post a Comment