Search my Blogs and my website

Friday 21 December 2012

It's all been a bit busy...

...but managing to get out and about on the bike every now and then.
  More by luck than judgement, I've settled down into frighteningly low amount of training but it seems to be going okay.
  I'm still getting two 3 hour rides in a week but I'm riding them really, really hard - to that point where you can hardly walk the next day. I haven't got much faster, (or any slower, which is probably more important) but my ability to smash it for longer is improving, which must mean something good is happening!
  I've only missed one scheduled session due to a bit of a cold and have had to shorten a couple due to weather / daylight / mechanicals etc but generally have felt well motivated and well rested when setting out on rides.
  Had one big crash a couple of weeks ago when I stupidly went out for a big tits-out ride in black ice and freezing fog and within 40 mins was sliding up the road on my arse! No serious damage done - tights ruined and a few bruises - but bike fine.
  Oh, and FINALLY got down to my target bodyweight of 11½ stone. Yeeees!

  I've entered the CCB NYD '10' on, er, New Year's Day but I suppose it will be cancelled due to bad weather as usual. Besides, TT bike still in bits.  Ah well, we'll see.....


No comments:

Post a Comment