Search my Blogs and my website

Thursday 20 September 2012

Still no sign of any cycling…..


  Well, not physically turning the pedals at least...
  Felt a bit rough most of the week with some sort of coughy / coldy / sore throaty sort of thing but I will start riding again next week hopefully.

  However, did a spot of marshalling with Sue at the CCB 50 on Sunday morning. Horrendously early start (up at 05:00) and spent a couple of hours directing the riders on a chilly, breezy roundabout near Wymondham.  Few sarnies, bit of cheering the riders on and a bit of mucking about – pretty chilled out really.
  I spent most of the time standing on one of the Armco barriers so I could get a better view. Between riders I amused myself pretending to be Beth Tweddle on the beam which resulted in an enormous spectacular crash, leaving me lying in a bush at the side of the road, legs waving pathetically in the air. A passing truck driver got a perfect view of the fall and nearly crashed his lorry he was enjoying himself so much. Swine!



  We’d put the MTB’s in the back of the car and had intended to do a spot of off-roading around Thetford forest after the event but we’d got so cold and knackered we just went home and got stuck into the rhubarb wine for the rest of the afternoon instead.
  Ah well.  But I WILL start cycling again next week, honest……

No comments:

Post a Comment