Search my Blogs and my website

Thursday 9 August 2012

Major dip in form continues...


  Carried on feeling a bit crappy this week.
  Have spent the week going out with Sue on steady 90 min rides just trying to take it easy.  She gave me a big leg massage on Monday and was quite surprised how congested my legs were, they haven’t been that bad since the anaemia thingy was treated.  Feeling much more supple afterwards but was quite alarmed to find myself feeling pretty poorly for the rest of the day – apparently that can happen when all the nasty lymph gets pushed back into circulation.
  I felt slightly better on Tuesday so headed up to N Norfolk to have a go on the B10/5 at Sheringham.  Big mistake!  I completely filled up again at about 6 miles and crawled home in 23:12 or something, feeling pretty despondent.



  The ECCA 10 was scheduled for Saturday on the fast E2 but I felt like crap.  I was soooo relieved that it was cancelled due to torrential rain – hopefully it might get rescheduled for later in the season when I’m feeling better.

  Sunday saw me & Sue marshalling at the CC Breckland 12 hour featuring a small but quality line up, including Andy Wilkinson.  There had been murmurings that Wilko was going to have a crack at the competition record of 305 miles and he didn’t disappoint!
  I was fortunate to be marshalling right next to the chief timekeeper so updates on his progress were pretty regular.  At one point he was on schedule for 330 miles but I think the rising wind and torrential rain put paid to that.  There’s a rumour he punctured with just a few minutes to go but managed to ‘borrow’ a wheel off a spectator to finish on!



  Anyway, the end result was 318 miles, a new record.  Average speed of about 25.5 mph.  Pretty impressive!  Nice to have been involved, albeit in a very small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment