Search my Blogs and my website

Monday 30 July 2012

Stowmarket & Dist 10 B10/36r

23:53, winner Liam Gentry 22:05 (I think) 
Crash!!!
  No, not literally but my body has gone ‘bang’ (again, aaaarrgghhhh!!).  Continued to feel a bit below par all week and didn’t train between last weds club TT and this one.  I HATE early starts but entered this one as preparation for a potential PB ride on the E2 next weekend.  Up at 5:00, drive to Wickham Market and take a 45 minute warm-up ride around the course on the A12.  I used to commute to Ipswich for a while last year and know this road quite well but it’s amazing how much hillier it becomes on a bike!!

  Windy too – the ride to the turn was sluggish, the first uphill 2 ½ miles or so was desperately slow.  Not especially quick on the way home either!  Legs felt like crap, no strength and couldn’t get warmed-up again.  Thought about not starting but decided to have a go.  Got round in a half-hearted 23:53 which (again) I found a bit embarrassing initially but there were a lot of riders outside 24 mins so it obviously wasn’t just me.

  Spent ages waiting around for the marshalls to get back so I could retrieve the jacket I’d left at the start but it never turned up.  That’s two I lost now in the last few weeks – running out of clothes!!!!  Ah well, it’ll turn up…..

  Prescribed myself several bottles of homemade rhubarb wine on returning home to watch the women’s Olympic Road Race (which I thoroughly enjoyed and, for the second Olympics in a row, was massively more exciting than the men’s race!)

No comments:

Post a Comment