Search my Blogs and my website

Monday 2 July 2012

A different bit of riding....


Hard couple of days….

  Did a classic ‘3 x 20’ session on the turbo on Saturday and felt okish which was disappointing after a day off the previous day.  Had hoped to totally smash it.  Think hydration might have been an issue again.

  On Sunday I had a couple of hours tearing round Thetford Forest flat out (knackered!) and only crashed once, which is good for me!  Seriously, seriously enjoyed myself!  The technical stuff is quite tricky on my bike as I haven’t got very small gears – just a 46 ring on the front – so you have to go like mad on the lumpy bits to get enough momentum to get up the steep bits.  I took one big hit on the back end which bent the rear axle slightly and made the bearings feel very rough.


 Had to help a dad back onto his feet when I came across him lying on his arse after trying to follow his young son down the section called 'The Beast' on his 70 quid Tesco mountain bike.  He looked to have crashed quite heavily - Bet he isn't half sore this morning!

  Bloody hell, MTB’ers are even bigger poseurs than time-trialists I reckon, and that’s saying something!  Spent most of my time sprinting past queues of fat, hairy-legged, sweaty blokes riding 1000’s of pounds worth of kit very, very slowly.  Ah well, live and let live etc etc….

  I then rode a 90 min ‘scenic route’ to Attleborough to take part in a local torch relay that’s taking part around the Breckland area.  Rode a leisurely 20 odd miles with a few clubmates and had a nice picnic before it was time for me to blast it back through Thetford Forest to be reunited with the car.  About 5hrs 40mins on the bike in total.  The rear wheel bearings were shredded by the end.  Major rebuild required now I think.

  Then I sat and watched the Euro 2012 final and got totally smashed on cider.  Ah well….

No comments:

Post a Comment