Search my Blogs and my website

Friday 13 July 2012

CC Breckland Club 10, 23:15 2nd. 1st Will Bamber 23:13


  Well, no serious harm done….

  ….by all the boozing over the weekend.  On the Tuesday after I got home, I had five days worth of TdF highlights to catch up on and the weather was crap, so I set the turbo up in front of the PC, found the ITV Player and got stuck in.
  Did a couple of hours steady (135bpm) on Tuesday but on Wednesday I spent the whole rainy afternoon on the turbo watching the live coverage!  Really good fun although quite difficult keeping the HR down during the breakaways, chasedowns etc!
  The weather broke towards the end of the afternoon, so I decided to top off a great day of training by riding a club time trial at North Tuddenham out near East Dereham.
  Needless to say I was very well warmed up and had a brisk ride round on a very windy day in 23:45, hampered slightly by a very worn cassette on my emergency spare wheel which made the chain jump every time I put any force on the pedals in some gears.   I thought my ride was crap initially until I discovered the winning time was just 23:13, giving me a pleasing 2nd place.  


  Well pleased considering it was the first TT I’d done for over a month after my illness.  Bodes well for the rest of the season, as long as the effing weather improves…..

No comments:

Post a Comment