Search my Blogs and my website

Thursday 26 July 2012

CC Breckland 10 B10/3R


  Will Bamber 21:35.  Me, 21:52 3rd
  Another nice surprise!
  Not really a ‘target’ time trial but really happy with that.  Been a weird feeling week – felt a bit rundown and developed a crop of uncomfortable mouth ulcers which is quite unusual for me.  Felt a bit below strength training too but had a decent week nonetheless.
  Weds & thurs last week after the club 10, I got in about 2 1/2 hours both days @ around 130-135bpm.  Spent sat on the turbo watching the final TT of the TdF, again at around 135.
  Got a bit drunk on Saturday evening, so had a day off Sunday!
  Beautiful couple of days mon & tues so got out for a couple of hours both mornings, then spent the afternoon on the beach!  Felt a bit flat both days so didn’t force it, averaged about 120-125 both days.

Another great photo from Gail Watkins!

  Bit knackered on weds (yesterday) so just went out for a steady 90 min easy spin with Sue.  Had a real job warming up for the TT last night though, legs felt really heavy and still felt a bit sluggish at the start.  Struggled to get the HR much past 160 but felt like I was going okay on the slightly wind-assisted outward leg.  Quite a complicated turn on this course (4 RAB’s!) but not especially slow.  Climbing over the A11, my legs finally eased up and I felt like I could let rip into wind on the way home.  Not sure about the split times but I didn’t feel much slower on the way home – HR averaging 170-172bpm.  By the time I got to the line I felt awesome!  Too late!  Doh!!

  Bit of a shambles logistically.  Forgot my gloves, lost my valve extender (but later found it in the garden!) and had to borrow one to pump my tyres up.  The sunblock on my body did quite a good job of insulating my HR monitor, making it a bit sporadic and required major fidgeting to restart whilst racing.  Then, the sunblock on my forehead began to mix with the sweat and trickle into my eyes, leaving me half-blind for the last couple of miles!  Plus a car full of beach sand inevitably ended up in my skinsuit and left the chammy about as comfy as emery paper!  Must get more organized……


  Anyway, like I said, this one wasn’t a target but I think I’ll ease right up for a while.  Fit enough, don’t want to overdo it and spoil things. Quickish ride (wx permitting) on sat but the next big target is back on the E2 on the 4th of August.  Proper taper for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment