Search my Blogs and my website

Friday 13 July 2012

A bit more variety....


  Kept the momentum going this week….

  Despite the big ride on Sunday (and the scrumpy!), I got out for a brisk 90 mins at around 130-135 bpm on Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday.  Felt great.
  However, highlight of the week (well, the cycling highlight anyway!) was a hard Tour De La Forêt Nouvelle on the Thursday.  I was supposed to be catching a ferry to France on Thursday evening from Portsmouth so I decided to get down there early and spend a few hours thrashing around in the New Forest.  I found a great 46 mile route with a mix of quiet lanes and offroad trails and decided to give that a spank on the MTB.
  Really hot day with some surprisingly big climbs but with frequent relief splashing through deep fords!  Have to keep your wits about you mind, wild horses and deer around every corner and behind every bush.


  I rolled back into Brockenhurst well under 3 hours later covered in flies and celebrated by throwing myself in the river to cool down!

  Then off to my brother’s house nearby, quick shower, change and food, then off to France for four days on the p**s in Le Mans…..

No comments:

Post a Comment