Search my Blogs and my website

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Zimmer frame anyone??


  My body continues to implode.....

 Blimey, long time since I’ve felt this ill.  My wife has just started to go down with the same thing, so she’s a week or so behind me.  There seems to be a lot of  it about – lots of  my cycling chums seem to be a bit under the weather.

  Symptoms currently include:
  •   Tiredness
  •   Sore throat
  •   Horrible taste in my mouth
  •   Sore shoulders & knees
  •   Sharp pain in my liver (I think)
  •   Throbbing kidneys
  •   Sore soles of my feet
  •   Knotted calf muscles
  •   Oh, and bright green poo!

  But apart from that, I feel fine!  I said this before but I really was stupid trying to race last week.  Never mind.

  This isn’t going to shift in a hurry so I’ve abandoned all cycling for the time being.  I’m off on hol in a couple of weeks so I’ll take it easy until after then and try racing again when I get back.  Next race entered is the API Metrow 25 on 14/7.  I’ve pulled out of everything else until then – waste of time even turning up at the moment.  In a way, having a nice break mid-season might prolong my season a bit.

  I took the doggies on a six mile walk yesterday afternoon and it nearly crippled me!  I’m really worried that all my hard work dieting will be ruined if I don’t stay fairly active.  Perhaps I’m better off resting and just starving myself!
  I finish teaching at college on Friday and then I’ve pretty much got the whole of the summer off  so a couple of weeks of lost training / racing shouldn’t be too hard to recover from.  



  So, for the next couple of weeks this might become a Dog Walking and Beer Drinking blog.  (Well, Euro 2012 is on after all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment