Search my Blogs and my website

Saturday 19 May 2012

Wolsey RC 25


B25/50 Winner D Bloy 55.25, me 12th 1:00:50
  One of those ridiculously early Sunday morning starts which I loathe.  I felt quite sluggish warming up so set the day’s mission as getting round comfortably and just doing enough to get under the hour.

  Two laps of the course, the first of which was completed at such a ‘relaxed’ pace that I left myself a bit too much to do on the second!  HR dipping as low as 150 on occasions – I had to keep geeing myself up as I spent more time contemplating lesson plans than racing!  Second lap was slightly more enthusiastic and a clawed a bit of time back but the last 5-6 miles saw me flat out, desperately aware that the sub hour ride was in jeopardy!!  Idiot.

  To be fair, it wasn’t an easy day, cold & windy, and it was probably a good bit of training.  Bike bloody uncomfortable though – might have to do some position tweaking. 

  Club 10 on weds – might give that a good hiding and see what happens….

No comments:

Post a Comment