Search my Blogs and my website

Thursday 10 May 2012

CC Breckland Club 10

2 laps of the sporting Griston Circuit.  24:23, winner ME!

  To be fair, the favourite young Declan Davis was sidelined due to a stomach bug but I reckoned I might have given him a good run for his money based on this time in those conditions.



  Blimey.  Looks like the speed is starting to come, slowly but surely.  Felt amazing, even though it was chucking it down with rain etc etc.  Av HR 168 for the event, which is also very pleasing.  Even sent myself cross-eyed with about 2 miles to go – not been able to do that to myself for a very long time!  All looking very promising…

  Stuffed a whole packet of Hobnobs down my neck on the journey to the event – if that’s the result, I’ll have to make it a bit of a ritual from now on!!  The guy about 30 secs behind me in 2nd is quite a handy local rider and it’s given me a nice guide to whereabouts my fitness is on the grand scale of things.

  Really could do with a spell of decent weather so I can string a series of useful training rides together.  Sitting on the turbo in front of the laptop is doing my effing head in……

  Weather permitting I might have a crack at the Somerleyton 10 tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment