Search my Blogs and my website

Saturday 19 May 2012

CC Breckland 10


B10/19 Joint winners Me & young Declan Davis 23:14!

  Now that was a bit more committed!  Blew just slightly before the turn and had to nurse myself for a couple of minutes afterwards but I don’t think it slowed me down at all.  The ride contained a few flashes of ‘form’, something I haven’t really experienced since getting back on my bike in 2009.  Very encouraging and makes me quite excited for the rest of the season.
  Declan (who’s just 14!!!) knocked out a 21:50 something the previous weekend so my declaration recently that I’m now in sub 22 nick looks like quite an accurate one.

  Next race is the ECCA 50 on Saturday.  Very nervous, mainly about being uncomfortable for 2 hours on the bike.  Not done one since 1996 and have got no idea how to pace it.  Ah well, ‘he who dares Rodders, he who dares….’

No comments:

Post a Comment