Search my Blogs and my website

Monday 16 April 2012

North Norfolk Wheelers hilly 18.5

52:03 2nd.  Winner Charlie Nurse - 47:00!!!
  Warming up in the hail and a scything NE wind made me think about not bothering but, right on cue, the sun came out and the roads dried!
  I rode this same event in 2010 and did a pitiful 56:30, but I reckoned I could take 4 mins off that fairly easily this time, which I did.  Not a flat out ride really, av HR just 161, peaking at 172 on the steep climbs.  Didn't feel quite so good today for some reason.

  I don't really enjoy hills and this course has a couple of swines climbing up from the coast.  The biggest problem was gearing - the TT bike only has a 56 ring on the front.  The dilemma was that only my disc wheel had a low enough gear (21) to get me up them and I couldn't be arsed swapping cassettes at 6 in the morning so just rode the disc.  Needless to say, it was quite 'interesting' along the coast road in the blustery wind!  Stupid boy.

  Anyway, good fun and I really like the NNW crowd.  One of their guys Charlie Nurse is going to be one to watch this season - he is flying!  Be interesting to see how he gets on on some faster courses.

  *** Stop Press ***

  A rather amusing cock up occurred in the write up of the event.  Can you spot the deliberate mistake?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment