Search my Blogs and my website

Monday 2 April 2012

North Norfolk Wheelers 10, B10/5


Sheringham – Holt.  23:25, 4th.  Winner Will Dorsett 21:32....



  Another strong ride.  I’m really pleased with how well I’m feeling still.  Just wish I was faster!!  I defo felt quicker though – I’m sure a bit of speed is trying to come out.  I’ve been doing some quite hard 4 x 4 interval sessions and they seem to be working.  I haven’t arrived at the start of the season with much in the way of form but I’ve got a feeling this season will be a bit of a ‘slow burner’.

 http://www.thetfordandbrandontimes.co.uk/sport/cycling_club_breckland_riders_to_the_fore_1_1339639



  Quite a rolling course this one up in North Norfolk but nothing too taxing.  I v-e-r-y nearly got under 23 mins at this same event last year on a perfect day but did 23:25 on a very cold and windy day this time, so not too disappointed.

  I noticed the second I got down on the aero bars the weight I’d lost – my organs didn’t feel quite so squashed!  I’ve been on a pretty strict diet (apart from the odd glass of plonk and occasional pint) and the weight is coming off nicely.  Lost 3kgs in 2 weeks, which is a calorie deficit during that time of about 23,000!  
 
  This probably was the cause of the second noticeable thing – I completely faded with a couple of miles to go.  Nothing to do with blowing up, it just felt like someone had turned the tap off to my legs!

  The other thing was the complete lack of soreness in my legs afterwards, or that evening and even this morning.  I used to be wrecked for 3 or 4 days after an event the last couple of years.  Not as if I wasn’t going hard either – 178 max heart rate (which I also haven’t been able to get anywhere near for years).

  All good!

No comments:

Post a Comment