Search my Blogs and my website

Tuesday 17 April 2012

North Norfolk Wheelers 10, B10/5 yet again (but probably the last time for a while)


Sheringham – Holt.  23:53, 4th.  Winner Charlie Nurse 21:49.

 
  After chucking it down all day, the sun popped out mid afternoon and warmed things up nicely.
  Goal was getting under 23 mins, to which end I planned to ride flat-out for a change!  Didn’t feel particularly sharp again warming up though unfortunately, a bit like I felt on Sunday.  Not sure what’s going on, it’s a bit disappointing, but I’m wondering (hoping) it’s because my calorie intake continues to be so low.  As soon as I crack 12 stone, I’ll start fuelling properly again.
  Not ideal conditions again really – niggly crosswind (as usual) and showers rematerialised just before the start time but I managed to just dip under 24 mins.  My best on here is 23:03 set last year.  About ½ a mile before the turn, the thunderstorm ahead dumped a massive gust front into my face which was cruel to say the least.  At least I got some brief advantage on the way back!  Really, really dark by the time I finished (19:45pm plus heavy overcast) and very scary.  Glad to have been wearing fluorescent yellow!

  These evening events are sooo much more civilised than the early morning ones – not quite the need to rush about so much.  Just need the days to be a bit longer…

  The local TT’s at Earsham & Somerleyton start up soon so the travelling distance to events should be slightly more convenient.

  Next event:  Norwich ABC 10 at Ketteringham on Thursday evening…..

No comments:

Post a Comment